Thursday, September 18, 2014

Cinnamon Pancakes

I feel so bad for not keeping up with the blog but I have started my online classes and have been bogged down with the amount of homework that is due. I had good intentions over the past few weeks but one thing or another got in the way of posting delicious recipes.

Last week I made my favorite coffee cake and when I got my camera out to take a photo but it immediately gave me a message that I needed to charge my battery.  After searching the house for my charger (we had recently went through a purge) I found my extra battery and charger and was back in business, however, the coffee cake was gone.

Now let's get back to this cinnamon pancake recipe that is absolutely delicious and makes enough you can freeze them for later.
I decided last weekend when I woke up that the air was cool and crisp so it must officially be Fall.  I asked the boys if they wanted some pancakes and of course they excitedly said yes.  We have these spiced pancakes along with some chai which made our morning feel so cozy.

Cinnamon Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-2 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon butter melted, slightly cool

*If you don't have buttermilk you can add 1 Tablespoon white vinegar to the regular milk and let sit while you measure out the dry ingredients.

In a medium bowl mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  I put 1-2 Tablespoons of cinnamon in the ingredients list because it just depends on how strong you like the flavor. Once you combine the dry ingredients make a well and add all of the wet ingredients.  Whisk just until combined.

Heat a skillet (if not nonstick melt 1/2 Tablespoon butter in pan) and once it is warm drop the batter, about the size of a sand dollar, into the pan allowing space between for flipping the pancakes. Do not flip until you see bubbles on the surface of the batter.  I have made the mistake a few too many times and flip before the batter is ready but then I end up with a crumpled mess.

I made this recipe and had enough for breakfast plus more to freeze for another date.

**Note: if you freeze pancakes, I recommend placing a small piece of parchment between each cake.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment